Being on a budget, Evan and I mostly buy our produce when it is in season because when it is in season, it’s a good price. It’s a win-win really 🙂
This recipe is inspired by my good friend whom I watched make this for her family and I must say it is one of my favourites. This recipe allows you to be creative and also allows you to change it up according to what you tastebuds like. Use this recipe as a guideline to make your own Harvest Vegetable Soup creation!
What You Need:
- Blender or hand-held blender
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1/2 of a Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dired parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable broth (enough to cover the vegetables; basically enough to be able to puree the soup)
What You Need to Do:
- Preheat a large pot and put oil in.
- Mince garlic and let cook until you can smell the garlic.
- Cut up the onion into chunks and put in cook. Let cook until the onion has soften.
- Prepare all your vegetables accordingly and cut them into chunks.
- Once onion is soften, place all the vegetables into the pot. Let cook for approx. 5 mins.
- Pour vegetable broth into pot until it comes approx. 3/4 of the way from the top of the vegetables.
- Let cook until all vegetables are cooked thoroughly.
- Puree to desired consistency (I leave mine a bit chunky so there is some nice texture).
- Serve warm!
I love this soup and I hope you do too! Very fitting for the first day of October 🙂