After making this simple granola, I really don’t know why I have ever purchased granola. It’s so easy. Anyone can make this.
Source: Elizabeth Rider
What You Need:
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats (aka old fashion oats)
- ½ cup raw nuts, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
What You Need to Do:
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well using your hands.
- Spread the granola onto a baking sheet in a thin layer and bake for 10 minutes or until you seen the oats start to turn a golden colour.
- Cool before serving.
- I store mine in a mason jar in the fridge 🙂
This recipe can definitely be considered a basic recipe and tweaked based on your own favourite tastes. Use your imagination and get creative! You’re taste buds will thank you 🙂