Each week, Evan and I usually try to make something new and this was our “something new” for supper last night. I’m happy to report, it’s a winner!
This recipe comes from a Paleo cookbook I have so it is a guaranteed healthy recipe. Not only is it healthy, it is delicious! My go-to line that I ask Evan when we try something new is, “would you it again?” If he says no, I know it’s a dud, but if he says yes, he likes it! Last night, he said yes! Therefore, we WILL be making this again!
What You Need:
- Two bell peppers
- 1 lb. of ground meat (we used beef)
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried basil or 6 fresh leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
What You Need to Do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- While the oven is heating up, clean bell peppers, cut in half (length-wise) and clean out all the seeds.
- Once oven is preheated, place peppers face down in a casserole dish for approx. 10 mins. (Skip this step if you prefer your peppers with more of a crunch).
- While the peppers are cooking, preheat pan and place coconut oil in pan.
- Chop onions and garlic. Cook onions until translucent. Once onions are translucent, place garlic in pan and cook until you can start to smell the garlic. After garlic is cooked, place tomatoes in pan and let cook for 2 mins. Place ground meat in pan until no pink is showing. Add basil and stir.
- Once meat and veggies are cooked and bell peppers are cooked, stuff peppers with meat and veggies.
- (Optional step) Evan grated parmesan cheese in the bottom of the pepper and on top of mixture. For cheese lovers, this would be awesome but would no longer make this recipe paleo-friendly.
- Place stuffed peppers in oven for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
This is a great, healthy, easy supper option and like I said, it is so good that we will definitely be making it again!