Corn is in season and I have learned how to roast it. It’s a beautiful thing ❤
The other day I roasted corn for the first time and I will never cook corn another way every again! Roasting the corn allows for all the beautiful flavours to stay in each kernel unlike boiled corn. Another plus, it’s simple and not messy! And no dishes! Even better 🙂
Why Should You Eat Corn?
- It has lots of antioxidant benefits (the powerful stuff that fights cancer!)
- Good source of fibre.
- Contains vitamin B3 (helps to lower bad cholesterol), B6 (great for heart helth), manganese (bone health, skin health, blood sugar regulation and a cancer fighter), B5 (gives a boost to the immune system) and phosphorus (awesome for bone health!).
What You Need:
- Fresh corn in the husks
What You Need To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Once heated, place the corn on the racks and let cook for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, take the corn out and let it cool for approx. 5- 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, husk the corn as usual. (You’ll notice how clean the corn husks when it is roasted).
- Then eat it!
It’s that simple folks. Roasting corn is an easy way to bring out all the wonderful flavor of corn that you simply don’t get by boiling it.