I must confess, I am a chocoholic and I am not ashamed. Chocolate is such a beautiful creation of God. Really, anything in it’s pure form, is sooo good! And good for you!
When I find a recipe that includes chocolate AND is good for the body, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will make it! This recipe is so very simple and is the ideal treat for someone who loves good-for-you food like me! it is great for raw vegans, awesome for my paleo friends out there, fantastic for the ice cream lovers out there and of course, we can’t forget the chocoholics out there!
Why this chocolate ice cream is good for your body:
Benefits of dark chocolate (anything 70% and above):
- Contains: fibre, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium!
- It is a powerful source of antioxidants (cancer fighting goodness!)
- Improves blood flow and lowers blood sugar.
- Raises HDL (good cholesterol) and protects LDL (bad cholesterol) against oxidation (if oxidized, cancer has the potential to form).
- Lowers risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Protects skins against the sun.
- Improves brain functioning.
(*Consume dark chocolate in moderation…just like any health food, too much can be harmful).
Benefits of bananas:
- Rich in potassium.
- High in fibre.
- Contains vitamin B6 (helps produce healthy blood), vitamin C, magnesium, manganese and cytolcin (increases white blood cells which help build a strong immune system).
- A great energy booster!
- Contains tryptophan (when released into the blood stream, it releases the feel-good hormone, serotonin which cannot help but increase your mood and decrease stress).
It is so very simple to make this chocolate ice cream.
What you need:
2 ripe bananas
Cocoa (I use dark cocoa because I love dark chocolate)
The key to this recipe is that the bananas have to be quite ripe, not completely black but pretty ripe. So cut up the banana into small pieces and place them in a blender. Then grab your cocoa and put in as much cocoa as you desire. With two bananas, I found a heaping tablespoon plus a little dash more, makes a nice rich dark chocolate ice cream. If your not a fan of rich dark chocolate, use less! Put it in the freezer for about 2 – 3 hours (depending on how cold your freezer is) and you have healthy, good for you, tasty chocolate ice cream.
So whether your a raw vegan, a paleo, trying to lose and/or maintain weight, love ice cream, love chocolate, have a sweet tooth, or you are on a diet and your are craving something sweet like CRAZY!!!! Make this chocolate ice cream…it’ll do the trick. I guarantee.